Monday 29 March 2010

A pretty color palette perfect for welcoming spring...







I have recently fallen in love with a color palette. During my preparation for the Brooklyn Bridal Show I wanted to say "hello" to spring and keep things happy and cheerful so I designed my table with arrangements of coral, pink, yellow and orange hued roses.

The following weekend I attended an event hosted by Sierra and Juliet of Poppies and Posies (see top two photos above by the fabulous Jen Huang). When I walked in, I was so excited to see that they too loved this palette. The room was full of colorful, quirky and joyous poppies in shades of bright coral pink, yellow, and orange. For more pics of the event click here.

So now I wanted to share this brilliant color palette with you to be inspired for your upcoming spring wedding. These colors are perfect for those looking for a fun, bright and happy ambience for their wedding day. You can add hints of antique turquoise (see the typewriter pic above) to make it a bit quirkier or keep it simple and add some wildflowers to play up the natural elegance.

This palette could also be used for summertime weddings, especially if you go a bit brighter with the colors, while for spring you want to try and keep it a bit softer.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love this color pallet - it's so fresh and bright and happy! I also love the soft and romantic element that the poppies add. Great post!

    ReplyDelete